We've been monitoring the news regarding COVID-19, as well as updates from state and local authorities. In order to limit risk to our members and volunteers, we have decided to cancel this weekend's upcoming canvasses and next week's March General DEC Meeting. This decision comes as both major Democratic Presidential Candidates canceling their appearances and rallies across the state.
- Stay away from large groups of people, limit trips out of the house, and keep essential supplies on hand.
- Wipe down surfaces with disinfecting wipes at the gas pump, in the gym, at the coffee shop, or any public place. Don’t reuse the wipe.
- Apply hand sanitizer to your hands after pumping gas or wash hands for at least 20 seconds or more with soap. Wash your hands often -- before preparing food, after coughing or touching a pet -- for at least 20 seconds with soap. Use disposable products to dry your hands or wash reusable cloths at 140 degrees Fahrenheit after each use.
- Wash your hands even when wearing gloves. Germs can spread to hands when removing gloves.
- Disinfect and dry commonly-used surfaces like countertops and cutting boards, because dampness can help viruses survive and thrive.
- If you have questions about the public health impacts of COVID-19, please call the Florida Department of Health's 24/7 COVID-19 Call Center at +1 (866) 779-6121 or email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Help Us Make Calls to Vote-by-Mail Voters!
Our top priority is for everyone to stay safe during this pandemic. We know a lot of people are home and looking for meaningful activities. With multiple confirmed COVID-19 cases in Jacksonville and two additional elections this year, signing up voters for vote-by-mail has become critical.
Help protect the Democratic vote by joining us make phone calls - encouraging them to sign-up for vote-by-mail. Your calls will make the difference in keeping Duval Blue!
Haven't made calls before - no problem. Click the following link for training! (https://bit.ly/2WKxB61)
We will continue to monitor the progression of COVID-19 and keep you updated on volunteering opportunities. Continue to check your email for updates, visit duvaldems.org for additional information, and follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date.