Please continue to heed Centers for Disease Control recommendations and Florida Department of Health advisories. Everything counts when it comes to limiting the spread of viruses. Studies have shown that human coronaviruses can live on surfaces like plastic, glass, or metal for up to nine days. Here are some things you can do as consumers to protect yourselves and others.
- Stay away from large groups of people, limit trips out of the house, and keep essential supplies on hand.
- Wipe down surfaces with disinfecting wipes at the gas pump, in the gym, at the coffee shop, or any public place. Don’t reuse the wipe.
- Apply hand sanitizer to your hands after pumping gas or wash hands for at least 20 seconds or more with soap. Wash your hands often -- before preparing food, after coughing or touching a pet -- for at least 20 seconds with soap. Use disposable products to dry your hands or wash reusable cloths at 140 degrees Fahrenheit after each use.
- Wash your hands even when wearing gloves. Germs can spread to hands when removing gloves.
- Disinfect and dry commonly-used surfaces like countertops and cutting boards, because dampness can help viruses survive and thrive.
- If you have questions about the public health impacts of COVID-19, please call the Florida Department of Health's 24/7 COVID-19 Call Center at +1 (866) 779-6121 or email [email protected].
Help Us Make Calls to Vote-by-Mail Voters!
Our top priority is for everyone to stay safe during this pandemic. We know a lot of people are home and looking for meaningful activities. Right now, our goal is to call 1,000 voters per week. This is the equivalent of 20 people making 10 calls per day, 5 days per week. We know this is an achievable goal with your help!
The key to keeping Duval Blue is TURNOUT! Our numbers have shown that if we sign-up infrequent voters for vote-by-mail, they go from a 50% chance of voting to 70%. Join us by making phone calls to voters to encourage them to sign-up for vote-by-mail. Your calls are the key to making this possible!
Haven't made calls before - no problem. Click the following link for training! (https://bit.ly/2WKxB61)
We will continue to monitor the progression of COVID-19 and keep you updated on volunteering opportunities. Continue to check your email for updates, visit duvaldems.org for additional information, and follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date.