Much of the work of our DEC is accomplished through standing and special committees, each charged with specific responsibilities. Working towards the common goal of putting forward Democrat values and getting Democrats elected.
Please see the list of committees below. Note that additional committees will be added in the future.
- *Central Committee: The Central Committee functions as the DEC’s board of directors. (Composed of the Chair, First Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Parliamentarian, State Committeeman, State Committeewoman, and District Chairs)
- Credentials Committee: The Credentials Committee is responsible for verifying credentials of candidates for DEC membership and for maintaining permanent membership records. Additionally, the Membership Committee determines how many members (or their proxies) were present at each DEC meeting.
- Campaign Committee: The Campaign Committee creates a campaign plan, including a description of the processes and procedures necessary for the DCDEC to implement the plan.
- Budget and Finance Committee: The Budget and Finance Committee prepares an annual budget to be presented to the Central Committee.
- Legislative Affairs Committee: The Legislative Affairs Committee studies and reports to the DCDEC on all legislation deemed necessary and desirable in the interest of the Democratic Party.
- Bylaws Committee: The Bylaws Committee is responsible for recommending changes to the bylaws to make the DEC operate in a more effective manner.
- *Democratic Organization Committee: The Democratic Organization Committee works to organize and sustain Democratic clubs, organizations, and caucuses provided for in Article VI of the Florida Bylaws as amended.
- Affirmative Action Committee: The Affirmative Action committee works in conjunction with the Florida Democratic Party Affirmative Action Committee to further goals and policies of the Florida Democratic Party.
Interested in joining a committee, email your selection to: email@example.com